Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Telling the Truth in Single Words

by Aimee Caron

Outside, where the grass is green
And the sky is blue,
I
Sit with friends.
We talk and joke
As the sun hovers above,
Making it
Look
Like the day will never end,
Like
Tomorrow will ever come.
Everything is perfect,
As it is supposed to be.
I
Always must be perfect.
The other girls must be perfect.
Because that is expected.
And that is fine,
Because we are perfect.
I am the ideal image of a girl of my status.
So, that means that I
Am
Normal.

Inside,
The mothers talk.
I
Can hear them laugh
As they gossip.
I suppose they feel
As if they must talk like this.
Meanwhile
The fathers discuss sports.
Some are angry that their teams are going poorly
And often lose.

Each person understands that everything is perfect.
I am happy I am here.
It would be insane not to.
Insane.
Not.
To.

No comments:

Post a Comment