Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, February 12, 2012

This One's For You

by Cynthia Ruth Lewis

You
are the reason I no longer trust men

You
are the reason
there is now a barbed-wire fence
around the perimeter of my heart
the reason
I almost believed in the L word

before I met you
I thought I was just an empty, cold-hearted girl
with dead-end emotions
who had nothing better to do
than chase after men who  reminded me
of my father,
men who I thought might love me
get me
resurrect me
but then you came along
and totally changed all that;
you evoked false feelings,
made me believe in shit that didn't even exist
you cut out my heart
and ate it for dinner
and I know when the time is right
you will burn in Hell for that
but in the meantime
I'd like to extend my deepest apologies
to all the men out there I do not give
the time of day to,
men with whom I might have really clicked,
who might have handled my heart with kid gloves;
men I might have eventually even loved
all I have to say
to a certain, nameless, 5-star shithead out there is
take a bow, asshole,
notch your belt
and soak up your 15 minutes of fame

No comments:

Post a Comment