Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pearls To Diamonds

by April A.

I've changed black pearls of cherished then
To sparkling diamonds of today,
It's all arranged, I've got a plan,
At such small price as love to pay.

I'll sell my dreams as plain free verse
To any weekly magazine,
With no fear or remorse
I'll break the bounds of routine.

If my heartbeat is still upset,
I'll just select some different pitch
Or even try another fret
In search for harmony to reach.

The changing music in my head
Will always keep me in the wave,
I'm weaving future like a thread
For more to wish, for more to crave.

I'm leaving passion far behind
with its exhausted silent force,
No longer love will make me blind
Or seize my whole universe.

3 comments:

  1. I am truly glad to see my work published, hope you all enjoy it, would be glad to receive some feedback!

    Yours,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it. I'm a dinosaur, and I still love rhyme....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked you poem but I like your name as well. I think April Avalon would make a good byline.

    ReplyDelete