Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Kind of Blue

by Anthony Ward

With hands pointing out that day has passed another day-
Night having come into its own,
I find myself melting into the moment,
Losing myself to consciousness,
The colour of my mood rendered obsolete,
Turning blue from my want of courage,
Envious of others who find it less agonising to talk to her.
Her I’ve known all this time without getting to know her.
Her whose looks give me cause for concern every time I see her.
Her who leaves me feeling completely numb until I no long feel myself,
Only the sensation of the cigarette burning my fingers
Stirring my consternation,
With the sound of the needle scraping vinyl,
As I endure the thought of approaching her-
Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment