Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Friday, July 6, 2012

Three Limericks for a Friday Night

by Janet Rice Carnahan

TEA FOR TWO

Two camels sat down for tea,
Giving up Arabic coffee,
Dropping the silver tray,
Cream spilled away,
Sugar not two lumps but three!

RISE AND FALL

Three camels came into a saloon,
Drinking heavily long before noon,
Leaving to get dry,
Ending up too high,
Falling into a hot air balloon!

BOASTFUL TOAST

Four camels sat down for a beer,
Seeking a good joke to hear,
After too much drink,
No time to think,
Seduced by one flirty deer!

4 comments:

  1. Delightful, Janet!! Whimsical and funny and I needed that tonight.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great limericks, Janet. I got a kick out of all three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, you did me in with these at a late hour after a great weekend with friends. I must remember to share these with them as soon as I can. They'll love them as much as I do. A great ending to a great two days. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete