Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tending Each Moment

by Lisa M. Drago

“Let’s pretend we’re at that party where we met.”
Life’s just a party or a game anyway, I say.
We met in the corner as I sipped lemonade
and you pretended to be a knight in shining armor.
Our eyes met but I giggled and dropped my gaze
to the quaking cup of liquid lemons – where
my dreams tended to collect and sway away.
We’re at a crossroads now, aren’t we, my love?
We traveled and partied, drank red wine, had a child,
but we must stop pretending we want the same things
in this life – and meet new possibilities here and now.
We’re blessed to be together in this ripened place.
Let’s turn our backs on all the pain and strife,
and tend each moment in gratitude for a new life.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I swear I am living through this poem right now ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I think everyone lives through it in some way eventually. Peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well put, Lisa. It will surely find an echo in many hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, Lisa. We can all reflect.

    Jeanette Cheezum

    ReplyDelete