Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Thursday, April 26, 2012

WHEREVER THE WIND BLOWS

by Clinton Van Inman

You don’t have to ride in boxcars
To be a complete unknown
For someone sits beside you
Wherever the wind has blown.

You once promised love forever
Before you left me in the dark.
You don’t have to be lost or homeless
To sleep alone in a public park.

You don’t have to walk in battlefields
There among the dead,
Bound low, long and weary
Soon you’ll hang your head.

Don’t look down that lost highway
For one last thought of me,
Soon wild dogs will find me
And forensics will set me free.

Now that you are just a number
To reap what you have sown
Ninety nine years I will sit beside you
Wherever the wind has blown.

Ninety nine years I will sit beside you
Ninety nine years and a day
Just to sit here beside you
And watch you rot away.

No comments:

Post a Comment