Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

MY DAD

by Marc Carver

My dad
What a guy
he had hands like shovels
Could carry boulders around on his back
Just for fun.
He could stop it raining just like that
And stop wars too with a word
or sometimes he needed a glance.
Nobody ever spoke to him
less questioned him.
He was never asked one question in his whole life.
His eyes burned like jewels
Cutting through air.
My dad nobody messed with him
He could beat up everybody else’s dad
If he wanted to
And all of them together.
My dad well of course he was the greatest
And now just like then he lives on
In everything.

1 comment:

  1. I've been writing about my father for eons, so great an effect on my life did he have for good and for bad, but i have never said anything about him as well as this is said. Truth can rein us in.

    ReplyDelete