Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wounded and in need of protection you stumbled into my garden

by Carmen Taggart

Wounded and in need of protection you stumbled into my garden.
Your wounds raw and in need of healing.
I tended to them and watched as you grew stronger day by day.
I outwardly asked for nothing in return.

I dreamed a thousand dreams for you.
I learned to read your moods, your growls, and your eyes.
I watched as you stumbled and got back up again.
I resolved to let you dream your own dreams.

Wounded and in need of protection you returned to my garden.
Your wounds once again raw and in need of healing.
I tended to them and watched as you grew stronger day by day.
Still I asked for nothing in return.

You gave me love, support and friendship.
You gave me laughter when all I had were tears.
You gave me . . .
you.

I dream a thousand dreams for you.
You dream of a road I cannot see.
I resolve to let you dream your own dreams.

1 comment:

  1. "You dream of a road I cannot see." Wonderful line!

    ReplyDelete