Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

FIVE POEMS UNDER THE LAMP AT THE MALL

by RC Miller

1

My arms
Outgrown by a window

Back and forth flowers the dark

The moonlight
In a pool awed by it

Icicles
Even in my robe

There's no time to describe the riot


2

Life knocks out

I ink trees
Until they've made more wine

The lone mango
Burns my clothes

Downriver manages an empty bed

Thoughts of me
A few feet froze

A thin dew barely risen


3

Tiny drops of ducks
In deluge green

Countless stars
Come and go without mourning

Blue mirrored wind


4

The tar reddens
I go without warning
To make my home
Against the ark
The weeds are ripe
The sunflowers constellations
That sail over the brook and
Carry age to clouds


5

I can't compare
The burning moon
The people gone
The birds fallen

I think I'll sit
On a dry dock
Until the oceans fry up
A skull aboard a shattering egg

No comments:

Post a Comment