Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On Hips and Angelfish

by Rebecca Anne Renner
I hate my hips,
the mere joints of them.

I want to be a mermaid
from the waist down,
though

they say,

from the waist up would be better:

to have all
the pleasure and none

of the pain.
To just think
about sex

and food,
and swimming

and not being eaten.

If women
are mermaids,

then men are not
sailors, but

these: with brains of fish
so

easily lured
to earrings and legs

so (spread) open
to the unknown.

2 comments:

  1. Great poem, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. click here

    ReplyDelete