Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, November 4, 2012

FOR THOSE, THESE AND FUTURE TIMES

by Tatjana Debeljacki

Keep this heavy prayer as a secret
I ask you to go because I love you
Prayers for mercy and salvation
I sink into their silence.
Passion freezes in us
With its honest scream,
With a vowel and a consonant,
And we would, and we’d not,
Or we would, and would, but...
Love shoots in its core,
Mollified and coddled,
Yet I speak about my heart.
Meet me.
There is the one who will remember
And in the silence dare
Add, deduct and love again.
Meet me, you the first and the last one.
What do free acts and thoughts restrict?
An image grown from the words hides the rainbow
God is the witness of the fragile flow,
Slave driver.
Jealousy does not sharpen you
You are defeated by safety
And deceived by the mirror reflecting you as one
With a prelude, a quibble
Years, years and swallows .
Love named by my name, his surname,
Thank to your heart and faith.
Nothing remains but
The mighty anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment