Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

LUKE

by Marc Carver

I walked into the coffee shop
The big black man was there
and we talked about the weather.
He stopped talking
and i moved on.

I ordered a coffee
and i began to chat to the man there as well.
"Do you realize between us we are half the gospels."
He thought about it for a while.
"Yea, i guess we are."
"Hopefully you will remember that little ditty. It has made your day memorable."
"Yea, most people tell me star wars jokes."

I grabbed my coffee from the oldish biggish woman.
"Thank you, you are a beautiful lady."
"I just serve coffee." She said.
I sat down
and stared out the window, looked at some women.
Then finished my coffee and walked out.

1 comment:

  1. I've not seen him, but love his music. He came to Macon last year and sold out the place (of course it helps that he is from 2 hours South of here). His tickets are reasonalby priced . I imagine it's an awesome, energetic, fun show.

    ReplyDelete