Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

THE REASON THE STORM

by Lee Stern

The reason the storm was so bad
was I didn’t ask for it to be easier.
I kept my mouth shut and that was the problem.
If I had gotten down on my hands and knees
and prayed to God, believe me,
the storm would have been easier to take.
There would be a few little flourishes of the wind
and that would be the end of it.
Tomorrow they would have said it was a little insignificant uptake in the draft.
And so what was the big deal?
Tomorrow they would have said other things
to take away the pensive quality of today,
meaning, that if I had only said something, I would have known
better than anyone else in the world.
I would have been there for the last one
of the brilliant first circles that I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment