Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Petrichor

by Elizabeth McMunn-Tetangco

During the last storm
the rain

made islands on the windshield: clear
and round

as forming questions.

You sat with me
and we traced out soft new maps

with shaking fingers – here
is how

I’d get to you, losing
myself

in the blank water. But
it hasn’t rained

in months,
and the dust falls

in soft sheets on your old car. There still
are patterns

on the glass
left there like shadows.

When I drive
I see the rain

pressed to the street, your fingers
flattening the drops
like ironed bedclothes, smoothing them

with one vague hand

3 comments:

  1. Post is very informative,It helped me with great information so I really believe you will do much better in the future.
    Love Her Salon

    ReplyDelete