Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

STONED OR NOT, WHOSE TO KNOW?

by Bradford Middleton

My mind is gone; the last toke has been smoked
It’s built a gorge between me and normality
As now I begin to realise that all these years
Have taken their toll on my beautiful mind
Maybe this time because it’s been so long since last time
But this time was the worst yet as I became aware

Aware that the way things were going nothing would last
That eventually I’d pass the point of too much
The point where I could stop and still nothing would change
So can I continue doing this or is this really the end?
I don’t think I’ll ever be able to properly quit and
Now upon examining my tin I realise what’s going to be

Long days of feeling down and long nights of struggling to sleep
Moments in public where it’ll stop making sense
Those times at home, hopefully alone, where nothing will comprehend
All of these could see me stoned or not and that is the problem
When the two become indistinct and even I struggle to understand
Just what is going to happen in whatever time or place.

No comments:

Post a Comment