Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, July 7, 2013

NATURE

by Marc Carver

I. Animal Nature

1.
I go for a walk
see a snail on the pavement
it has long antennae
Coldplay is playing on my phone
I move the phone to him
Para, para paradise.
He seems to have speeded up.

2.
I see a medium size bird
hop out of a bush.
I go over for a chat
He goes back into the bush
Don't want to talk eh.

3.
I see a dog take a crap
watch the vulnerable
face he has
that they all have
almost a look of shame
he wishes he could use the toilet
once again.

II.  Human nature

On the side of a truck
is a single sentence.
Bob is a wanker.
I don't know Bob
but i guess they are right.

III.  True Nature

I love you more than anything
in the world
but
some people are fucked up
they don't ask to be fucked up
they just are
but then they find something
in that pit of despair
a freedom
that ends the lost.
So don't ever ask
me again if i love you.
Ask me why i love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment