Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fall Back into Me

by Sarah E. White

Hanging by a thread as it chokes me slowly
If I could just release
Give in and plummet
I might get my feet back under me
So I could brace for the impact that’s coming
I might just land on solid ground once again
But instead I dangle, waiting here
Hanging by that thread once more
My arms and legs thrashing at nothing
Trying to break free from this madness
If only I could fall
To feel the wind rush past me
As I drop into the depths of the unknown
To feel the day in, and day out, blow by me
In an exhilarating blur of progress
Why can’t I just let go?
To feel the initial rush of the falling
Letting go of the familiar is so hard to do
My stomach now in my throat
Freefalling into the darkness would make me feel something
If only for a little while
That short fall would give me a lifetime of knowledge
The freedom of dropping
Where no one could catch me
No one could stop me
To land once more on my own two feet
Once again stand with the standing
If only I could let go
So I could fall back into myself
Fall back into me

No comments:

Post a Comment