Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, December 14, 2014

GETTING OLD IS NOT FOR SISSIES

by Roy Dorman

He had fallen into the bushes
while reaching down
to turn off the outside faucet for the hose.
He now lay there on his back for a bit,
crushing some of his treasured,
just-watered perennials,
not knowing if he should laugh or cry.
He almost certainly would crush
a few more of the ferns and jack-in-the-pulpits
in the process of rolling over to get back up.
The longer he thought about it,
the more he was leaning toward laughter

1 comment:

  1. We have to laugh as long as we can. Had I fallen in the garden, my wife, the gardener, might not have wanted me to get up. I never thought I’d spend my dotage surrounded by flowers. They can wake me in her garden when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete