Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, November 23, 2014

DEATH SONG

by D.L. Tricarico

I know all about death
And how when the sun is tame
And the wind is warm
It can be a kind of torture if
The pain still sings in your heart.
I know all about death.
I am intimately familiar with
loss and loneliness
which are really only two
sides of the same coin.
I've heard all about how death comes.
I’ve been told how a music
Plays at the end
That only you can hear
Heavy on power chords, basslines,
and regret. I know it comes
when you need something else
altogether. A new client,
a phone call from your children.
 A tune from The Beatles, maybe.
But then, There it is, in front of you,
staring at you like it does.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Laura. I appreciate you taking the time to read the poem and comment. Means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete