Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Last Resort

by Bradford Middleton

Brighton was the last resort after London city
And now Im trapped in this town of ill-repute
In the hotel of Last Resort

A place where the partying neighbours, random drunks
And the incessant wailing of the fire alarm do their best
To ensure the impossibility of a good nights sleep

This is driving me inextricably to the madhouse yet
I dont understand why I love it so much and it feels like home
More than any other place Ive lived alone

A place I can watch the dust blow forward and the dust
Blow back a place I call home throughout which
We end up getting savagely attacked by the wind

Such a savage storm would have some proclaiming
I wander lonely as a cloud but all I can say is
Like fuck I do all I want is to be at home

1 comment:

  1. You have a talent for playing with words and their meanings that I enjoy. Nice work.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete