Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Walks

by Susie Sweetland Garay

Bless the moon in her
consistency
and cycles
and the insanity that she
brings to us all.

I wonder sometimes
why I want so badly
for there
to be a plan.
A right answer
amidst all the options.

Most choices are so much
less significant then we make them.

But I suppose I prefer to worry.

The other day we got in the car
and drove almost a full hour to
photograph something which
has been photographed at least
a million times before.

I suppose I believe
we each have a unique eye
and I wanted to know what mine would sees.

I do not go on my walks
alone anymore.
Not ever.

It is always us,
exploring together.
Learning to notice.

I think how she will grow
up noticing and
watching me
notice.

Our education is two fold
as both are teacher and taught.

Some days
I’m sure
I am invisible.

But not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment