Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Thursday, December 16, 2010

mi mi cry

by jkdavies

no, no, thank you for asking,
though you didn't.
yeah I am fine.
makes a change, huh?
no, I mean... you know what I mean.
oh for fucks sake
do I have to explain everything?
well, since you ask,
it would make a change
if you did ask.
I might not just say yeah,
I am fine. We could
even talk. But I know
your focus will slip back
to you in no time
and I don't want to waste
the time, if I focus on you
too, then both of us are
okay. If you looked at me,
properly,
you would be confused
and I would be even more
apologetic, and I would want
to hide again. Look at
the pretty mirror
I hold up to you instead.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch.

    Scalpels come to mind, scalpels with brains.

    Well observed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding up the pretty mirror can get so tiring . . . well stated.

    ReplyDelete