Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, March 31, 2013

What You Did On The Cross

by Kufre Udeme

Nobody could have done for me
what you did on the cross
No man from this world could have given up his life
that a chaff like me may live
They could have said:
     We can't waste this priceless gift
     for such a worthless thing
They could have remembered all the evils I had done
and they could have let me drown in them
Even those who love me which I know
Could have given up all except their lives
They could have said:
     Dear, we want you to know that we love you
     but for this one thing we can't do
They could have remembered all the pleasures of this world
and they could have decided to stay back while I go
Even those whose blood uniforms with mine
Could have emptied all their tears but not their breath
They could have said at last:
     Though he's gone
     he lives in our hearts
They could have remembered me only as long as my grave is fresh
and they could have talked about me no more, except once in ages
Even while I was deep in sin
Could do nothing good at anytime
Christ still die, for my sake:
     Son, your sins haven been forgiven, he said
     welcome to my kingdom
Nobody cares for me
as much as he who lives in the highest heaven
And though I can't repay him
continuously, I will do his will
For there lies my satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment