Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Relapse

by Dionna Liggans

Just when I thought I had you out of my system
Here you are
Again.
Your poison running through my veins
like blood.
Tempting me,
Teasing me,
Pulling me in deeper and deeper
Until I'm so deep I can't breathe
I can't sleep
I can't eat
All I can do is sit in thought of
You.
Of us.
In thought of that first kiss
and how
Your lips molded so perfectly into mine
As you cupped my face in your hands.
And I thought,
this can't be real,
yet there you were right in front of me.
In thought of the first time we made love
and how
you were ever so gentle
treating my body like it was your own private temple.
we became explorers.
searching every curve of each other
oohing and ahhing at our amazing finds.
Thinking about how good it felt to have my body intertwined with yours.
It's as if you became a part of I.
Or maybe it was I that had become you.
But that's all over.
you left me
Sitting here alone
Trying to cope with what happened.
And as soon as i came to grips on what can and can't be.
You walked back into my life.
And like a true addict,
I can't help but
Relapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment