Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Growing Pains

by Cynthia Ruth Lewis 

I've been writing so many angry poems
about you lately, that the whole world
probably thinks I'm nothing but a
bitter, spiteful bitch
and I don't blame them
but they weren't there;
they weren't in my shoes
they weren't subjected to the likes of you
and I hope they never are
assholes like you ought to come
with a warning label,
instead of subtly enticing clueless women
to swallow your twisted bullshit,
until they're almost as low as you are
so excuse me while I rant
and get it all off my chest
and beat the living crap out of objects
with a baseball bat,
working off the frustration
while trying to repress the hurt,
wishing I could have experienced
only the best of relationships,
but realizing true growth
comes from the worst

1 comment:

  1. i love it. i related very strongly. anger expressed can lead to healing, can become something beautiful. i admire where this poem took me.

    ReplyDelete