Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Thursday, December 19, 2013

the sunflowers are feeling pretty damn low

by Ross Vassilev

there's the little white pills
the big white pills
the oblong pills
and the square green pills
all these pills are making me dizzy
sometimes I stagger and fall
once I banged my head off the fridge door
another time I banged it off a wall
but I can't get any dumber
so no worry
there's young women walking by my window
with their pink toenails and summer thighs
there's hungry stray dogs
I've spent 10 years in this small room
prisoner of my family's insanity
and my own
while the American Empire tore up the world
like a vengeful whore
and I can say that all I regret
is that I never met Jack Micheline
or Bukowski
and that I was ever born into this idiot asshole universe
in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. Very raw, but I love any reference to pills & Buk.
    Keep at it!
    www.DanFlanagan.webs.com

    ReplyDelete