Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Thursday, November 15, 2012

insignificant man

by Linda M. Crate

you throw your weight around as if you're a god
but you are just an insignificant man dreaming
of being something more than his lowly post you
order me around as if I'm your slave like I must do
everything you say; I have dreams and aspirations
that you've tried to crush beneath your fist I am
no longer going to stand for this madness instead
I will leave you here in the wake of destruction so
you can gaze upon yourself in the mirror and see what
the truth surely is; that you're just a glittering insect.

1 comment:

  1. ...sad about us humans: that we are insects glittering in the dark instead of the stars we could dream ourselves to be...another fine angry poem from this sharptongued poet fury!

    ReplyDelete