Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, June 15, 2014

lord only knows why she married him twice

by Larry Jones

well fiddle faddle elmer
(sometimes she called me elmer)
you're holding your fork
just like your father.

I wish you wouldn't do that
you remind me of him.

do you know how he got out of the war?
while he was in korea
he fell off a jeep
and broke his leg,
so they sent him home
ha, he was a liar and a coward.

your father was the dumbest man I ever knew,
he could never hold a job
for more than a couple weeks
and he was always crying
about silly little things.

you see that hole in the living room wall?
your father did that with his fist,
he was drunk and crying
then he had the nerve
to blame it on me.

lord only knows why I married him twice.

stop looking at me like that willie
(sometimes she called me willie)
you remind me of him
god I hated that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment