Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, January 12, 2014

ignorance is no bliss

by Linda M. Crate

he told me that women
belonged in the
kitchen
barefoot and pregnant
then couldn't
understand
my offense
at such an outrageous statement,
claimed it was a joke
when he saw the
anger etched
in my eyes
would it have been a joke if i
hadn't been angry?
i don't think so
never could
understand
ignorance, it certainly isn't
bliss to those of us
left to deal with what it leaves in
it's wake;
but people spout it and then insist
they didn't mean it then why
bother spouting it
in the first place?
they meant it, they just didn't
mean for you to react
how about people like that keep their
mouths shut?
that'd be too convenient,
too easy,
and we couldn't have that.

1 comment:

  1. I can't speak for all men but I would have no objection to a pregnant woman in my kitchen wearing shoes as long as she did the dishes after we ate. Fair is fair,

    ReplyDelete